Saturday, March 12, 2011

Feeling pretty good

A few weeks back the girl decided to start doing a "detox"...now I got to say that I've never really been a believer in most "detox's". The human body does a great job at getting rid of bad things and most detox's are just newage babble.

That being said I do think it's a great idea sometimes to cut certain things out of your diet and just see how the changes affect your overall well being. Also, as a sign of comraderie I decided to go along with her "21 day Dr Joshi detox"..more or less it's a way to get your body to be more alkaline instead of acid based. The general rule is that there is no redmeat...no wheat....no dairy...no fruit/sugar (cept banananana's)

It's actually fairly close to what I normally do so I think it was a bit easier for me to do than the better half but I got to say that after doing this thing for 10 days I am totally impressed with the changes.

I have way more energy and am just way more positive...it's not like I was depressed before but I keep catching myself with a goofy grin walking down the street whisting. The fact that I've lost almost 10 pounds in 10 days also makes me pretty happy ( if not stunned ).

I don't even really feel like I've sacraficed all that much...in fact it's opened me up to a tonne of different styles of foods that I just never explored before...being way more creative. So besides introducing a cheat day I don't think I'm even going to adjust my lifestyle all that much.

I signed up for a 10k underwear run this summer so got to start trainining hard for that...plan to be in the best shape of my life by my birthday and it's looking like I may be able to get to those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment